This is meant to be an 8 point bullet point list to help individuals do better research – if you want more information or detail let me know.
- Understand why you need this information
- Search the internet or a good indicator does not exist
- Talk to your trade association or a professional market researcher for some guidance on what they think so you can ask the right question
- Ask the right question in plain English – if the interviewee does not understand the question what will the quality of the information be like
- At the right time (it needs to be the right time for them so don’t bother accountants or divorce lawyers in January)
- Of the right people – decision-makers not friends and family (convenience sampling)
- Analyse the information in the right way – be honest with yourself
- Check your information against what you already know – or even send it back to your interviewees to see if they agree.
Please download additional resources from my website http://www.plannedmarketresearch.co.uk to make the most on customer feedback etc.